Workshops

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Patchwork and rugby in Provence




We went to the patchwork exposition in Pernes-Les-Fontaines - first time I have seen any textile stuff on a visit here - it was very traditional in my eyes but then I don't do this sort of work. It was their opening and we had some curious locals looking at us as we made our way around - they may have thought we had come for the food - but we explained we were en vacance and they were friendly enough


By the way - eat you heart out water misers (don't give me a lecture) - love the shower here


Wonderful display at the musee at the top of Menerbes




Then we drove to Gault for a bite of lunch - it's a lovely spot and pretty busy on a Saturday - they were possibly all getting fortitude for the rugby








Lovely sunny day




Very healthy - we had salads


And mine


And then indulged - Ian couldn't resist the profiteroles which he said were great!




I made some silk paper colouring it with the red wine -


Actually the colour is more wine than pinky - apart from the smell I am very pleased with it - that is my rough sketch of Menerbes on the front


The highlight of the day? Mais oui - All Blacks vs Les Bleus - what a game and yes we thoroughly enjoyed it - we will just be back home in time for the semi final next week - but time has flown fast and only one day left in Provence

1 comment:

Heather said...

Another fascinating post. I love France and I love your silk paper. Congratulations to the All Blacks - I think they'll get the cup and my nerves are relieved that England is out of the running!
Hope you have a good journey home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...