Workshops

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's that time of the year again

 No - don't panic - it isn't Christmas - yet. It's our wedding anniversary - AGAIN - and we are off to Sydney tomorrow for a wee break and indulgence. Hoping Grant has everything organized. 


 And yes - it is that photo again. 45 years ago on Sat and we are still as young as we were then. In case you were wondering. Pretty sure it is one of  about 4 times Ian has worn a suit.


 In the meantime back on the ranch here we have remained busy. Finally got the first of our beautiful glass fusion buttons up on air. These are part of the Creature family. Next will be some gorgeous cats from the Tabby Cat family - we only have one of each set and each button is unique. This was a special find at Ally Pally - it has just taken me that long to get organised with them.

Just to prove I am stitching - I am making jewellery or insert or lacey pieces with Romeo - I have a couple of articles with deadlines - well one deadline was quite some time back but the editor is a patient lady - if I work away from time to time they will both be finished.


Saturday night, of course, was very exciting. The All Blacks played Ireland for their last game of the season - hoping to win to have a perfect year. It wasn't on Fox Sports so we wandered down to Rosie O'Gradys where we were surrounded by many Irish folk. It was a fantastic game - definitely the best one this year but o - almost heart attack material. The ABs only won in extra time. They look happy - relieved? The Irish played with passion but the ABs got there in the end. Must have been that excitement or stress which caused me to trip over and roll my ankle on the steps when leaving. Luckily two very nice Irish lads hauled me up. I am sure I will recover...... especially as I am going on a holiday.

2014 is going to be an exciting year for me and a furthering of my artful journey I think. I have been invited to Lake Grace to teach (you might have to google this) but it is a few hours away on the road to Esperance. There are some very talented ladies (and probably men) down there. Then I have been invited to be a guest at a two day craft show in Queensland which I know I will enjoy very much. And this week I was invited to be a guest speaker at a show in NZ in May - I felt honoured to be asked. I think I shall be doing a workshop as well. Finally I hope to be teaching in Italy if a few more people were able to go. It will be a wonderful week - Ian and I are planning to go to Rome on the train after Ally Pally any which way and pick up a car so if the class doesn't eventuate we will explore southern Italy. All so exciting and a chance to develop more of the ideas in my head and in my notebooks and scribbled and sketched everywhere. I  am planning to spend time in January making a few changes.

You will all be pleased to hear that my studio is still organised - of course it will never be tidy becasue you always find things but the floor is much clearer and the toys are all up high. I am busy playing with words on my big shot. Got to take my stitching with me to Sydney though becasue I have an article to finish stitching for....

5 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary and no dancing the night away on that twisted ankle! Next year sounds very exciting - how on earth will you fit it all in?!! Love the stitched piece on Romeo.

Lynette (NZ) said...

So very excited to hear you will be at Tote & Gloat! will be great to meet you in person and look forward to hearing what you will be teaching. Happy anniversary celebrations

Jacqui Galloway said...

Happy Anniversary

Robin Mac said...

Congratulations on your anniversary - you are just a year behind us - but you started your married life quite a bit younger than we die! You are certainly going to have a busy and very interesting year next year, sounds exciting. Enjoy your time in Sydney. Cheers

jackie said...

Congratulations on the anniversary and enjoy your trip. I have a picture of myself as a bridesmaid with the exact same hairdo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...