Workshops

Thursday, March 14, 2013

lubberley lubberly rain

 We have had the most glorious rain today - and lots of thunder and lightning. Harley has been roaming the house with her bellie down low - she does not like cold or wet at all. We love it as you must know by now. Almost forgotten what it was like.

I have been busy stitching and doing but in the middle of all of that I tried my hand at a new image transfer - onto silk organza and to tissutex. Very pleased with the results. All using glossy pamphlets which you pick up on holiday and now you wish you had more because there is the other side of the page you can't use. Pottery from Marrakesh - we love our two big bowls we carried down from the Atlas Mountains. (with the carpet).


 this one from Broome - I can always get more of these pamphlets.


And of course the camels on Cable Beach. It is always exciting when something you try, works.

Looking to the Artful Journey Exhibition at the Perth show in August - 20 people are sending work and very exciting that 2 have arrived already. Shan't show you though - pleasure is for me until them. I only had one person reject my invitation so very happy. You will love all the work if you are coming to the show.

We are busy here working on the e-mag - things starting to fall into place.

Off to enjoy more of that rain.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you are getting some rain at last even if Harley doesn't like it. I think we might be in for more tomorrow but what we would really like now is a bit of warmth. It has been so cold recently.
Love those transferred images.

Robin Mac said...

Thank goodness - blogger is finally letting me comment, I am a bit fed up with anything to do with the internet lately. I am so glad you have had some rain, I see it is getting hot again. I love the colours in your scans. Cheers

Nina Marie said...

I really love this scanning process - I would love to explore it myself! We still have snow here - so if you'd like me to air mail it to you - I will (grin)! I would like to invite you to join us in my blog's link up Off the Wall Friday - where art quilters share their creative posts for the week. We find it inspiring, as well as motivational. Its Open Fri -Sun!

Maggi said...

Great results from the transferred images. Any chance that you might let us into the secret of which method you used? Glad you are enjoying the rain, hopefully some of your previous heat will make its way over here.

Virginia said...

Lovely images Dale. Clear, but not "in your face". What method are you exploring? Printing to prepared fabric, or transfer directly using a medium? Is there a book coming up? Hope so!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...