Workshops

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

roses on sari

I thought I would reward my found woven vanilla beans and old roses by adding a few roses to the surface. One of the things about the sari ribbon hanks is the myriad of colours in each. I am going to add roses all the way up and then maybe.....

Found this stand for the Opulence Embellishment Inks - they fit perfectly. To have a one-off stand made is a very expensive exercise so one night in the middle of it, I woke with the bright idea of removing threads from one in our storage and replacing it with the paints. I have been painting labels with the colours. It will be proudly on display at AQC - these paints - made in Victoria  - are absolutely glorious - rich strong pigments and loads of mica (I don't know the secret formula). you can use them on any surface as far as I can tell. Next door's cat if it was friendly enough to stop.

We enjoyed the Neil Diamond concert last night - most of the sound came into the garden pretty clearly. I wouldn't have liked to have paid money though - he didn't sing for long. His voice doesn't seemed to have changed from many years back. We shared our time checking on the Black Caps in the semi final of the cricket but sadly they did not get to the final. Good stuff though.

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

They look like rows of jams.

Sandy said...

Perfect addition to the background.

Heather said...

Your vanilla beans piece is looking lovely and that's a clever idea for the Opulence inks stand. They sound so tempting but too precious to waste on next door's cat! It's a good thing Neil Diamond is easy on the ear - could be an intrusion of your local venue features someone you can't stand.

Penny said...

I would have loved to have heard him if only for a little time, have been a fan from way back but must say I saw him at his best, young vibrant and yummy! Cant afford it any more, the first concert was out under the stars at what is now the football grounds at aami stadium in South Aust, I hate to think how many years ago probably about40!!
Love those Sari silks but will have to wait and hope you have some when I can afford them, any going with my name on them with Rae at Ballarat?

Judy said...

Dale,

Brilliant idea for the paint stand, the roses on vanilla bean and old roses looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...