Workshops

Monday, March 28, 2011

paris and roses and pockets

I have still not found my vanilla beans and old roses woven piece and am despairing that I might have to start another one - I keep lifting things up and looking underneath. Last chance - I might go to the cellar and look in the suitcase I took to Sydney in the hope that it is there. In the meantime as part of putting together the Paris packs I am making I made a little Paris piece and popped a few roses at the bottom. This is a page in my Paris journal which is making slow progress.

Today a parcel of these little yummies arrived - the Distress Stains - I have already had a bit of a play of course - my itchy fingers can't resist inky stuff. Yesterday Jaslyn and I went to a workshop with Linda Baldock - she is a clever thing. I enjoyed it and actually have a little book to show for my afternoon. It was a good break from all my other jobs but of course I am further behind. I am beginning to wonder if I will be ready for AQC - our pallets of stuff go next week and I have a long way to go. I am also behind with a few other things - better not say....

I started opening the Pick-a-pockets this afternoon and sorting through them. There are some glorious ones - they will make a super display at AQC for starters. I might show you a few when I have got them all sorted. I found a few orders inside as well - sorry folks - they will be done tomorrow.

We got up bright and early to watch the second half of the Crusaders wonderful win at Twickenham - Ian watched the first half late last night. Lot of rugby this weekend - some very good and some pretty ordinary but it always depends whose side you are on....

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your Paris journal page is beautiful Dale and the roses really set it off. Good luck with all you have to do - I'm sure you'll be ready on time.

Judy said...

Hi! Dale,

Paris with the roses is delicious. I'm sure your outing to a workshop was valueable, not the least it gives you a break away, and work is always there when you get back, but your mind is refreshed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...