Workshops

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

little play, little more work

I have been trying out some of the tips which come with the Versa Tool - this is using the Transfer Point - I printed an image in black and white through the laser printer and transferred it to a grotty piece of calico I had lying around. Then I sprayed it with Moonshadow mist and Starburst Spray - pleased with the result - obviously a lot more things to play with.

The latest Quilting Arts #47 arrived this afternoon - we have processed about half and they will go out tomorrow. It is lovely to see an article by Kathy Kerstetter - thanks for the acknowledgement Kathy! This is her Dandelion - beautiful work. I have such wonderful students.
When I was in Hamilton I went to the Artspost exhibition and enjoyed seeing Leanne's work - naturally my camera spat the dummy but Leanne has sent me a picture. She tells me they are off to Minerva in Wellington next.
I am sorry you are going to have to turn your head on the side to see these - they came to me upright and i imported them in upright but blogger has truend them around. If I can sort them I will change it!

Tonight we are off to the ACO concert - should be good of course.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That leaf print looks promising. Oh goody! a new QA mag to look forward to. The little dandelion design is gorgeous - so simple yet so clever. I love the textures in Leanne's work. Enjoy the concert.

Robin Mac said...

Ooh, I am looking forward to having a play when my versatool arrives. I love the other images as well. When is Leanne's exhibition going to Wellington? We will have a couple of nights there in early November, I may be able to get to see it (hopefully?) Cheers, Robin

Leanne said...

Thanks for the lovely comments...the exhibition at Minerva is a group exhibition by '8 Perspectives' on from 12 October to 19 November. Minerva is Ann Scott's Gallery and headquarters of NZ Quilter in Cuba Street, Wellington. I'm told the gallery space is quite small and that not all of the pieces going down will be hung but it will be lovely I'm sure.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dale! You deserve many, many more acknowledgments for all you do for the art-world! Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...