Workshops

Saturday, July 17, 2010

saturday before sunday

Delys pointed out a lovely bit of fungi growing at the bottom of one of our eucalyptus trees - we get quite a few from time to time and they are often bright orange - definitely not for eating. This one is quite modest - a little like next door's cat hiding in the lavender hoping the little birds won't see him, but he wears a noisy bell so the birds are far too smart for him. He is the most unfriendly cat - you would think if you made use of someone's garden from 5am to very late (jingle jingle) you would at least be friendly. Owners aren't either.

A couple of pages form my Okarito journal - I have used some of the lovely transparent tape. I shall spray over some before too long I can tell. That's me on the beach with all those lovely stones. I couldn't bring them all home that time....
Off to watch the Tri-Nations - go the All Blacks - Ian has been watching the weather cam in Wellington - looks like a good winter's day.....

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What is it with stones? I have just unpacked again and found a small cluster at the bottom of my bag. I think I have little clusters of parts of the world all over the place!! lol

Heather said...

I love stones too and insisted on carrying cartons to the car at the end of one holiday as I knew how heavy they were - full of stones! - and my husband would disapprove of so many. Your journal pages are superb - lovely memories for you. You sent a little too much rain - we could hardly see on the motorway the other day. It was like a tropical storm. Sun is shining today.

Robin Mac said...

Lovely journal pages Dale. I hope your eucalyptus is healthy - fungus is often a sign of an unhealthy tree, that would be very sad. That transparent tape looks yummy too. Cheers, Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...