Workshops

Monday, June 07, 2010

home again home again jiggedy jig

Just back this afternoon from a lovely relaxing break - long weekend - in Broome. We have basically done nothing but relax. Cooked every night because the villa we stay at has outdoor bbqs and because we asked, we got a light to plug in outside so we could see what we were eating and read our books and sit outside until very late. Lots of swimming every day but actually not a great deal else. We have stayed at this place about 3 times now and it is always the same good stuff. There is an outside shower - a mandi - and this is the frangipani set in the stone at the end wall. The frangipanis in Broome are bigger than the ones here in Perth and the leaves are broader - I did some printing with flowers and leaves in my Kimberley Dreaming book which Rae gave me sometime ago and I hadn't started on it. While I didn't get my art to wear done for Darling Harbour I do intend having it for Perth and working on it in Brisbane and I plotted out some new ideas so it is changing direction a wee bit but still on the same theme.

We watched a fairly boring game of rugby on Sat night - Australia vs Fiji  - I almost fell asleep. Tomorrow night at our park is the England vs Aust Barbaraian game - we shall see if it is more exciting.

5 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I'm glad you had such a relaxing weekend. Were there no insects bothering you sitting outside reading at night? I love the stone frangipani.. do you mean that we will be able to watch you creating your art to wear in Brisbane? That will be fun. cheers, Robin

Amanda said...

Sounds idyllic!!

GO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, I don't really mind who's playing so long as its a good game!! You're lucky to see so many. Can't beat the power in a decent rugby match. :-)

starseasons said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend time.

Heather said...

I love that stone mosaic Dale and your weekend break sounds like Heaven.

Margaret said...

I love the stone mosaic. That would make a nice applique!
Margaret

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...