Workshops

Thursday, September 10, 2009

What am I reading?


Beside my bed for pre-sleep reading is Fiona's Kidman's second part of her autobiography - Beside the Dark Pool. I very rarely read autobiographies - it always seems to me that one must think a lot of oneself to want to write all about it. I am not sure about this book - while I am enjoying the historical side - Fiona Kidman is about 10 years older than me so I have followed through her writings since The Breed of Women - I was someone who coasted along behind Margaret Drabble and she is sort of the kiwi equivalent. However here I think she has a few scores to settle and we are privvy to them and I am not sure I really care.

It might seem that I have been very non creative but I am working hard on the Walnut Ink and Moonglow booklets and the weather is dreadful today - wet and very windy. I slunk off to have my hair refuchsied.

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I look forward to seeing your refuchaised hair at Ally Pally!

Heather said...

It's hard to commit to a book if your heart's not in it. What a great way of cheering up a dismal day - refuchsied hair. I think I should have started years ago - it's a bit late now and would startle my husband! Hope you will show us the Walnut Ink books. I'd love to go to Ally Pally but I'm not sure my feet and legs would last out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...