Workshops

Sunday, June 22, 2008

tonking along


I am working away on the online workshop - a bit of knitting to add in. Knitting came back in with a whoosh and I guess it is still going strong. I was born with a pair of knitting needles in my hands and my Grandmother and mother were always knitting. These days I like to knit small pieces to work in with other textiley stuff and mostly the embellisher loves to embody it in. This is a little play on the Kimberley Dreaming theme - I have a pile of different flower bits and pieces in my ephemera collection. I have been working with KD slushie and flimsie.

The All Blacks had a very good win last night and NZ even won the cricket so that must be 2 up on England. Not that I watch the cricket - too boring for me.

The Little Mexican restaurant on Friday - well I wouldn't recommend it - Eva booked on Tuesday for Friday but they were obviously greedy and had double booked - tried to fudge us with a table out the back by the toilets and raved on about putting on a cd for ambience. So we left and went to another where the staff were lovely but the food not worth a visit. Good friends, good company so that saved the night.

It's a beautiful day today in Perth - really should be in the garden cleaning and preparing for spring.

3 comments:

Dorothy Gibbs said...

No Dale, it's not two up to NZ! It's one each with two to play! grin

Genie said...

Hi Dale , back off holiday and looking forward to lesson three,

Aussie Jo said...

I love the colours in this piece Dale, and the knitting adds a great dimension. Aussie colours are very strong, bit like Marrakesh.(Thanks for the e-mail)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...