Workshops

Thursday, November 02, 2006

things that last


This month is our 38th wedding anniversary (yikes you say). When we got married we got some money and spent it on a set of salt and pepper shakers and a coffee grinder. The coffee grinder has been taken away by Bruce and I expect is still in good shake but the cork in the salt shaker fell apart and while we considered finding another, we thought maybe a new set was in order. Do you think it will last 38 years? I don't expect to be around to find out.....I will leave it for you to work out which is the old and which is the new.......

4 comments:

Penny said...

I think I can beat you on the pepper mill, we were given one, a wooden one with bands of either pewter or silver, I have never really looked, we have used that every day since we were married and we will have been married 48 years in February next year.Ndothing wrong with it and I have to say the odd plastic type ones all fell apart that I bought to take camping with us.Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I hope the wood ones are the new - I've never had a plastic set last more than 12 months!

And congrats on 38 years, eh? You've been married as long as I've been alive!

Downunderdale said...

child bride - please....
the new ones are the bottom ones and believe you me,at the price they were, they need to last abotu 60 years. Luckily it was a sale
Dale

Digitalgran said...

I'm sure you will enjoy another 38 years Dale. I hope I will too, so I can use all the stuff I have collected for my creativity! I may even need another 100 to do that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...